CRY America is a 501c3 non-profit organization driven by its vision of a just world in which all children have equal opportunities to develop to their full potential and realize their dreams. Our work in restoring the rights of underprivileged children ranges from making public schools function better, ensuring health care becomes a reality, helping families sustain livelihoods, addressing the issue of child labor, preventing child marriage and giving girls equal opportunities.
Over the past 10 years, with the support of over 19,000 donors and 2,000 volunteers, CRY America has impacted the lives of over 422,000 underprivileged children living across 2,359 villages and slums through support to 64 Projects in India and the USA.
CRY America provides an opportunity for you to use your professional skills and experience to create lasting change in the lives of underprivileged children. Enable setting of standards and growing the organization to the next level. To know more, browse the 'who we are', 'what we do', 'how we work' sections of this website. To send your resume or for clarifications, write to email@example.com.
Join CRY America and transform children's lives forever.
Fundraising Manager (West Coast)
- Location: California (preferably Bay Area)
- Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that CRY America meets/ exceeds its Resource Generation objectives of revenue generation, higher profitability and effective donor relations.
- Develop relevant Resource Generation functional plans/ budgets to mobilize resources from High Net worth Individuals (HNI's) and institutions.
- Research and create prospect databases of potential HNI's, Corporates, and Foundations in CA.
- Establish and manage partnerships, including effective donor servicing and relationship building, with high net worth individuals and institutions towards increased retention and loyalty.
- Establish CRY Black Tie Dinner Galas in SFO/ Bay Area and LA towards increased brand visibility, fund raising and acquisition of new High Net worth donors.
- Manage CRY Dinner Committees in CA & support efforts to manage CRY America's Advisory Board.
- Establish and manage key national media partnerships and sponsorships on the West coast.
- Support Volunteer Chapter's efforts on high value donor outreach and event sponsorships.
- Represent CRY America at relevant high profile events, networks, workshops & forums.
- Geographic priorities for high value donor acquisition and retention: Bay Area, SFO, LA, San Diego and Seattle.
- Qualifications, Skill Sets & Person Profile Preferred:
- Undergraduate/ Masters degree (preferably in business administration or marketing).
- Relevant experience (5 to 10 years) in non profit fund raising, corporate sales & marketing, or event management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in working with large numbers of high net worth individuals and businesses.
- Flexible with extensive traveling within CA and beyond (drive, fly).
- Has an interest in the cause of underprivileged children.
- Should be authorized to work in the United States.
- What's in it for You:
- Exposure to work with senior leadership of the organization, reporting to the CEO.
- Opportunity to build an organization's brand visibility and partnerships with high net worth donors in CA and beyond.
- Opportunity to attend high profile events & forums in CA and beyond.
- Salary & Benefits: Based on qualifications & relevant experience.
Action Center (Volunteer Chapter) Leaders
- Location: Chicago, IL and Pittsburgh, PA
- Action Center (AC) Leader Role & Responsibilities:
- Action Center annual direction, plans, budgets, reviews.
- Ensure AC sustainability through building a strong core group of volunteers.
- Ensure growth of the volunteer-base through new volunteer acquisition.
- Ensure motivation/ loyalty building & social bonding opportunities amongst existing volunteers.
- AC events planning, event promotions and allocation of responsibilities.
- Ensure growth of AC revenues through scaling up of events from year to year.
- Ensure AC Monthly meetings, AC Google group.
- National interface with the CEO, Volunteer Leader, Accounts.
- Media outreach, student outreach & increased CRY/ AC name recognition in the local community.
- Financial accountability & reporting for the AC.
- Skill Sets & Person Profile Preferred:
- Good communications and organizational skills.
- Enjoys working with large numbers of people of different backgrounds (primarily 18 to 30 age group).
- Can work independently and is result oriented.
- Has an interest in the cause of underprivileged children, especially Indian.
- Willing to work 4 to 5 hours a week towards building and managing the AC.
- Authorized resident of the United States.
- What's in it for You:
- Opportunity to build and hone your team leadership skills - mentoring and managing 50+ volunteers locally.
- Opportunity to build and manage a CRY Chapter - organize events like CRY Walk, CRY Holi, CRY Cricket etc.
- Build your skills on marketing, public relations, media outreach and social media.
- Be a part of the leadership team of a national non-profit organization for underprivileged children.
- Note: This is an unpaid, voluntary position.
Internship - Social Media and Marketing
- Job Description: This position is ideal for a bright and enthusiastic undergraduate or graduate student seeking to gain an insight into the marketing functions of a non-profit. The goal of the internship is to help you explore the marketing and social media field and provide you with real-world skills in the non-profit industry. Your work will help us in our ability to reach more volunteers and donors, while ultimately making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- The Social Media and Marketing Intern will support the Volunteer Manager through:
- Growing and maintaining our social media presence while optimizing our interfaces
- Assisting in creating and implementing strategic and innovative social media campaigns aimed at increasing awareness of CRY America, our annual Walk for Child Rights events, expanding outreach, and improving communication with our target audiences
- Developing, collecting and managing content including stories, anecdotes, special event information, and announcements by our volunteer Action Centers to be shared online
- Participating in analyzing and engaging target audiences through our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- The ideal candidate will be committed to CRY America's vision and mission as posted on our website: http://cryamerica.org/site/know_us/cry_america_vision_and_mission/
- Excellent computer skills and comprehensive understanding of and skill in navigating social media outlets, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Strong written communication skills as well as in-depth knowledge of social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive, can-do attitude, can work independently and with a team
- Availability to work approximately 10-15 hours per week and meet with our volunteer manager every other week.
- Access to a laptop
- Creative/graphic design and video editing a plus
- This is an unpaid, credit-based position
- Application materials: Resume/CV & References (2)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
America are tax-deductible. CRY America, PO. Box 850948, Braintree, MA 02185-0948. Tel. 339-235-0792 and 617-959-1273.