The core of CRY America is volunteer action. CRY America works through its Action Centers, run by dedicated volunteers. There are 22 action centers and each promotes CRY America and harnesses local resources, directing them towards the cause of underprivileged children. All action center leaders are part of the Action Center Leaders Collective, which is responsible for planning and reviewing action center activities and plans. The Collective is led by Rajesh Munshi. It teleconferences once a month and has its own yahoo group.
We raise funds in the USA, using the following:
- Our website (on-line donations)
- Fundraisers by Action Centers
- Grants from corporates and foundations
- Direct Mail (e- and snail)
- Dollar Drives
- Walks / Runs
- Charity Dinners
- Cricket & Volleyball Tournaments
- Dandia/Garba Events
- Food Festivals & Stalls
- Movie Screenings
- Music Concerts
- CRY America booths or stalls at other events
America are tax-deductible. CRY America, PO. Box 850948, Braintree, MA 02185-0948. Tel. 339-235-0792 and 617-959-1273.